After the success of the very first Isla ng Catanduanes Ultramarathon last October 2016, ICU 110km | 65km is returning this October for another adventure in country’s “Happy Island” – Catanduanes. Last year, we gathered a total of 90 participants excluding the guests and spectators for both categories came from different areas of the Philippines and one in Singapore. Majority of them participated the 65km category which designed for the first timers with long distance experiences and the rest is in 110km. The 110km is the main highlight of the event that is strictly the only candidates are well-experienced hardcore runners as we take them to a tough but fun and breathtaking views of the race routes. The race covers four (4) barrios of Virac, San Andres, Bato and Baras that will satisfy the overall running experience of the participants.
A sea of dedicated and brave runners will sweep the roads of Catanduanes as over a hundred participants are expected to participate in the 1st Isla ng Catanduanes Ultra Marathon 2016 to be held on October 21 and 22, 2016 in the capital of the Island, Virac. The event will cater to enthusiasts from all walks of life, young and old, professionals and beginners, foreigners and locals. The Ultra Marathon will prove to be a celebration of what runners of every shape, size or age can achieve.
The event will also be boasting the picturesque destinations of Catanduanes. Each participant will get to see and experience for themselves the charm of the province. As your organizer together with my friend Lao Ogerio, we both natives of the province, we have expressed the desire to promote the island not only as a destination for runners to get together and be fit but also as a place where they can get just take a breath and appreciate the stunning vistas. Another advocacy of the event is to help the Philippine Red Cross and to support the projects and programs of the province.
We’ve been in the running community for years. We both have equally invested time and effort to sustain a healthy lifestyle, something we wants would-be runners to be inspired to do. Now, it’s our time and time to pay back to our island that had been our home for years. Join us on our adventure and help us achieve our goals towards the island.
BLOG: A short escapade
Event Name: 1st Isla ng Catanduanes Ultra Marathon 2016
Event Date: October 21 – 22, 2016
Venue: Virac, Catanduanes
Regular Registration fee (until September 30, 2016)
110k – Php 2500
65k – Php 2000
5k – Php 250
Early Bird Registration (until July 15, 2016)
110k – Php 2000
65k – Php 1500
110km – Bib, Finisher’s Medal, Finisher’s Trohpy, Finisher’s Shirt, Certificate and Post Meal
65k – Bib, Finisher’s Medal, Finisher’s Trohpy, Finisher’s Shirt, Certificate and Post Meal
5k – Singlet and Bib
Note: Top 3 Male and Female of 110km and 65km will receive podium trophies.
Gun Start Time:
110km – 10:00PM, October 21, 2016
65km – 04:00A.M., October 22, 2016
5km – 06:00 A.M., October 22, 2016
110km – 24 hours
65km – 14 hours
How to register:
Payment thru Bank Deposit
Bank: Banco De Oro
Account Number: 7340280720
Account Name: Laurencio A. Ogerio
Send your deposit slip via email to email@example.com together with your name, contact number and shirt size.
Rules and Regulations:
- All participants must be at the starting area 2 hours before the gun start.
- Mandatory Gears:
– reflectorized vest
– hydration bag
– headlamp or flashlight
– aid kit
– reflectorized vest
– hydration bag
– headlamp or flashlight
– aid kit
- Participants should be 18 years old and up.
- Race Bib must be visible at all times.
- Motorcycle and Bicycle are strictly prohibited. Support is optional. Just in case you have your support vehicle, it must be registered to the race organizer. Failure to do so will result to disqualification.
- Support Vehicle must be always at the right side of the runners.
- Runners and support crew are not allowed to litter; anyone caught for this will lead to disqualification. Let us all help preserve the island.
- Support Vehicle and crew will not follow the runner at all times ( shadowing)
- 110km and 65km participants will run in an open traffic.
- Runners are required to run at the left side of the road for safety reason.
- Runners who want to leave the race or want to discontinue the race he/she must notify the race officials.
- Runners are not allowed to enter to his support vehicle.
- Runners are allowed to sleep only outside the support vehicle.
- All Runners must follow the correct route.
- Runners must run in single file.
- Pacers are not allowed.
- Registration fee is non-Refundable and non-Transferrable.
- The organizer will provide aid stations along the route. (The distance of each station to be announced.)
- Every participant MUST finish his leg within the cut-off time if he fails he/she can still continue to run.
- To those who finished the race within the cut-off time 65k and 110k participants will receive Finisher Shirts, Finisher Trophies, Medals and post- race meals.
- Organizers have the right to remove any participants from the race either because of cheating, not following rules or due to medical emergencies.
- Top Finisher for 110K and 65K both Male and Female (Champion, Ist and 2nd Runner-up) will receive A Podium Trophy and entitled to a free slot next year’s edition of ICUM (2017).
- Claiming of race kits and race briefing date, place and time to be announced.
- Rain or shine the event will takes place.
- The 110k distance is open to all who finished several ultra – marathon distances.
Note: The organizer may require you to submit copies of finisher and medical certificates when necessary. Medical certificates are required to submit for safety purposes.
- The 65k distance is open to all who finished at least one (1) marathon or ultra-marathon. First timers are welcome to participate but will undergo with the assessment.
Note: The organizer may require you to submit copies of finisher certificates if there’s any. Medical certificates are required to submit for safety purposes.
- All the participants MUST sign the WAIVER before the race.
- Race kit claiming date and venue to be announced very soon.
- NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE DISTANCE.
- Be prepared and don’t think it would be an easy feat, but it will be a fun and outstanding adventure.
- There will be no cash prizes to be given to the top finishers.
- ICUM Organizer, at any time, may make changes on the course and race details or rules for the benefit of all runners.
- Any runner caught cheating or violating the race rules will be subject to outright disqualification. The Race Organizer’s decision is final.
- Enjoy the race. Run if you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must; just don’t QUIT!
- Register now, limited slots only for the 110KM and 65KM.
- Good luck and hope to see you!
For more information, you may contact
0909 825 6457 | 0999 902 8886
or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I feel fearful and afraid whenever a typhoon is coming to the island of Catanduanes during my childhood days. At times, it made me think “whatever we experience during a storm is it the same elsewhere?”. My impression that time towards the island has no answer. Merely, that was 13 to 15 years ago!
Today, I have the answers to my questions when I was young. It states that “Everything happens to a place, to the world and even to a human has a reason. Reason that will excites you and grant you all the pride to tell how wonderful to live on earth. By the hidden beauties of the island of Catanduanes, commonly known as daanan ng bagyo soon it will be renowned as a must-visit Island in Bicol region. “ Continue reading A short escapade: Virac, Catanduanes