How do you feel guys that Run United Philippine Marathon is now approaching too fast? Are you excited and for the first time in 42k distance, What do you expect? This will going to be your unforgettable moment of your life!
Yesterday, a great talk at the press launch, Unilab Active Health head, Mr. Alex Panlilio together with RunRio. Inc CEO, Coach Rio Dela Cruz, they are proud and rejoice to share how they prepared the first ever Run United Philippine Marathon 2012. Run United series is totally acceptable that they are one of the most awaited running event in our country. They believe that Run United enthusiasts are up to challenge of finishing a marathon already, so it’s all systems go for Run United Philippine Marathon,” said Alex Panlilio. This was the first marathon jointly organized by the Unilab Active Health and Run Rio, aim to create milestones for participants.
Since this is the first time RUPM, they definitely gave their time in preparation and planning to make this event special for all the participants especially for the 42k participant highlight of the event. Runners will surely get a memorable start and finish in this coming race on October 28, 2012, RUPM- not only the huge medal of 42k finishers about 6.8 inches is waiting and will motivate you to cross the finish line, a dramatic finish line concept that you will never forget, a red carpet approaching to the finish line, marching bands, exclusive for 42k arc, colorful balloons, video/photos shots and they also dedicated tents where your supporters can stay plus a cow bells that you will hear before you reach the finish line.
For the security and Marshall, last Run United 3 they deployed about 700+ Marshalls and enforcers, for this coming Sunday expect about 900+ will secure that every participant is safe. About hydration stats, refer below:
– 23 Hydrations – 9 Hydrations
– 7 Banana Stations – 4 Banana Stations
– 9 Sponge Stations – 5 Sponge Stations
– 8 Restrooms – 6 Restrooms
– 5 Hydrations – 3 Hydrations
– 1 Banana Station
– 1 Sponge Station 3km
– 2 Restrooms – 2 Hydrations
42k and 21k will start at Bonifacio Global City and the lower categories will be at SM Mall of Asia. Shuttle buses will start sending the runners to BGC at 01:30AM.
– To all the participants RUPM will be strictly on the assembly time and gun start, be on time guys! For security reasons on the route.
– Expect Trash Bins, for all the participants we do encourage you to be disciplined and to be vigilant in our environment. They will deploy trash bins about 6 meters length and 1 meter width in the race routes to maintain the cleanliness of our route.
– We need your cooperation and patience of every participant in claiming their finisher’s shirt, etc. To avoid the trouble in claiming and all the registered participants will get their finisher’s stuffs on the race day itself.
– And if you notice that there are some people claiming medals and finisher’s kit but they have no race bibs and not registered you can report it to the marshal or the staff of the event.
|Race Category||Assembly Time||Gun Start|
Again for those who have not yet register at RUPM, there are 6 categories but few slots are available, 500m, 3k, 5k, 10k, 21k and 42k, registration as follows: PHP 350, PHP 600, PHP 700, PHP 800, PHP 900, and for 42k is PHP 1,300.00.
The objective of Run United Philippine Marathon 2012 is not just only remember how well organized their events are, they want their participation in their events memorable by providing them the best race experience. So, good luck guys! Have a memorable and safe run!
To my Sigue Correr! Runners team, Good Luck and see you at the finish line! Keep running until you reach your goal!
“The marathon is a charismatic event. It has everything. It has drama. It has competition. It has camaraderie. It has heroism. Every jogger can’t dream of being an Olympic champion, but he can dream of finishing a marathon.”