I’m inviting you to a new challenge! Let’s push our limits to this first ever obstacle trail event at La Mesa Park Nature Reserve this coming August 26, 2012 brought to us by IMMUVIT.
Immuvit Fearless Challenge Trail Run (Leg 1) “No Surrender” FAQS
Fearless Leg 1 Challenge:
Early registration – August 11, 2012 to August 14, 2012
5K Obstacle Trail Challenge – Php 550.00
10K Obstacle Trail Challenge – Php 750.00
Regular registration period – August 15 to 23, 2012
5K Obstacle Trail Challenge – Php 600.00
10K Obstacle Trail Challenge – Php 800.00
Here are more details regarding the Immuvit Fearless Challenge Leg 1 happening on August 26, 2012 at the La Mesa Nature Reserve (La Mesa Dam). Information about the route, shuttle services can be read below.
Is it open to all? Who can join the Challenge?
Participants must have completed at least a 10K road race and submit their best times to participate in the challenge.
Is it road or trail?
It is a TRAIL course with obstacles set every 1.5km.
Will shuttles be provided?
As an add-on service, free bus rides will be provided. Participants are not required to pay the bus ride. Organizers hired these vehicles to assist the participants. Specific waves and schedules are pre-assigned. Bus departure schedules are given during the registration.
Please see matrix as guide:
Bus assembly is at Shell Commonwealth Avenue, near UP University Avenue entrance, across UP-Ayala Techohub.
Participants are advised to be at the assembly station at least 30 minutes before their scheduled bus departures. Bibs will serve as bus stubs or tickets.
Buses will start to load at 15 minutes before departure time. Departure schedule will be strictly followed whether passengers are complete or not.
Can we bring guests?
Non-participants are welcome within the venue provided that they are with a registered participant, however, free transportation does not cover the non-participants. Only participants are allowed to take advantage of this service. No bibs/stubs, no ride.
Will there be parking?
YES, and there will be no parking fees. There are very limited parking slots. Availability is on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Can I get a map of the route?
We will release the route map one week prior to the event. It will be posted online and made available on race day.
Is there a cut-off time?
YES, cut-off are as follows:
5K – 2hrs
10K – 4hrs
Runners who are still running beyond cut-off time may be allowed to finish the course at the discretion of the organizers.
What are the prizes?
Only one winner per category, per gender. (Total of 4 winners)
There will be cash and product prizes from Pascual Consumer Healthcare Corp. and partners sponsors.
10K Male and 10K Female: PhP 10,000.00 + Trophy
5K Male and 5K Female: PhP 5,000.00 + Trophy
Will there be finisher’s shirt and medals?
No finisher’s shirt but there will be finisher’s medals for all 10K finishers and 5K finishers. Non-finishers (DNF) shall receive certificates only.
-Fitness and Athletics, Bonifacio Global City (Active Fun corner 9th and 28th street)
-Chris Sports SM Mall of Asia
-Chris Sports SM Manila
-Chris Sports Glorietta 3
-Chris Sports SM North Annex
Is it true that slots are limited?
YES, the event is limited to 500 participants only. Maximum of 200 participants for 5K and 300 participants for 10K.
When can we claim race kits?
Race bibs are available upon registration; singlets however are available from August 15 onwards.
Hydration & Nutrition
Minimize Disposables. There will be minimal use of plastic/paper cups in any portion of the route. Participants are encouraged to bring any other hydration gear. Belts and packs are also allowed. This is in line with the efforts in promoting a more environment-friendly lifestyle in running.
How many hydration stations will be there?
There will be FIVE (5) water stations along the route with water, and one at the Start/Finish line.
1. YOUR race bibs must be pinned in front of your shirt while participating in the activity.
2. All protests related to the results must be made in writing and submitted to the Race Director within 30minutes after the official announcement of winners. A protest fee of PhP1,500.00 shall be collected for every written protest made. The organizer’s decision is final.
3. Each participant is required to bring their respective whistles and gloves.
Runners’ release will be in waves or batches. Please take note of your wave number and your schedule. Participants are required to check-in 30minutes before their designated wave/release time at the starting point.
4. The Race is not an ordinary trail race and contains challenging obstacles.
5. Participants may opt out from a particular obstacle but they will be given a time penalty of 3minutes for every obstacle missed. Control marshals in the obstacle areas will record this.
6. Trail Route Cutting participants shall be automatically disqualified and considered DNF (Did Not Finish).
7. Cut-off times shall be implemented. If a participant fails to reach the designated point by the time indicated (5K at 2 hours; 10K at 4 hours). He will be given the option of pulling out or continue walking while crew is cleaning up. Anyone along the route who is past cut-off time will have their bibs marked and will not be regarded as a finisher and shall not receive a medal.
8. Participants are not required but are recommended to wear elbow pads, rash guards and trail shoes to ensure safety.
9. All participants shall be getting a Race Finishers Certificate, but only those who complete all obstacles shall be awarded an Immuvit Fearless challenge Finisher’s Medal.
10. Race bibs/numbers are not transferrable.
WATER and FIRST AID STATIONS
1. Drinking water will be provided at selected points along the route but runners are also encouraged to be self-sufficient regarding hydration and nutrition.
2. Medical aid will be available at certain points along the route.
No portalet units will be deployed along the route.
Open shower/Toilets and portalets will only be available at the assembly/activity area.
There are allocated parking areas, however limited. Please do not leave any valuables inside your vehicle. Organizers are not liable for any loss.
Baggage deposit service is available from 4:00AM to 13:00. Organizers will not be liable for any loss.
Limited Slots only guys! See you there! 🙂
You can check also the details at www.siguecorrer.com